Saturday, January 24, 2009

Flashback Friday



We don't get any snow in my part of California....but these last two years have gotten pretty nippy that we have been seeing snow on the hills....just don't make it down to us here in the Canyon!

I'm originally from Illinois and I do have very fond memories of the snow.....lots of snowball fights....making a snowman and my favorite memory of all......making snow angels! Just beware of the "yellow snow".....LOL!

Winter to me means.....whether you get to enjoy the magic of snow or not....get out as much as possible (weather permitting) and enjoy the season.....do what activities you can with your family and capture as many memories as possible especially when they are little ones cause we all know just how fast they grow up!

Here is a picture of Brianna from last winter.....no snow but it sure was pretty darn cold out that day.....and after she had been out there after about a half hour she ended up with a little cherry nose and rosy cheeks.....but she just insisted on going out and playing on her swing set.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this topic..I have seen it on other blogs. Just wondering, are you doing this every week?? Where did you get your blog design?? I like it! :o)

Cheryl said...

I grew up in N.Indiana/S. Michigan, and I too remember the snow! We don't get snow here in FL, but we've sure had some freezing temps lately! And what a cutie Brianna is here!

Melinda said...

So glad you joined us this week. And I absolutely adore what "winter means to you", because it is so true that they grow up just way too quickly.

Brianna is adorable and I beter her rosy red cheeks and nose made her even more of a doll.

Hope to see you again next Friday!

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

That's such a cute picture of Brianna, hope that you are keeping warm!! I love the way your blog sides stay stationary but th emiddle moves, cool!! Did you do this yourself?

Dawn said...

Yay! I can comment on your blog FINALLY!! WOOT!

Adorable picture.

I'm glad you are playing along with the FF. :)

And, I'm so glad you are blogging!

Sheila said...

She is so cute!

Although we rarely ever get snow in Florida, it does get really cold. Last week our lows were in the 20's!

Cheryl said...

Hey Candi....I have a Blog Award for ya over at my other blog!

http://pancakestopearls.blogspot.com/2009/02/another-blog-award.html