Saturday, February 14, 2009

Excuse My Absenteeism!!

Geez, I feel like I have been gone like forever on here! So much has been going on with me, very sorry I have not been able to keep up on everyone's blogs! Many things going on in my life, first my hubby's grandmother passed away....she was 87 yrs old and was suffering from Dementia! Well her insides finally just shut down from lack of moving around and she gave up after just a few days.....it sort of was a blessing because of all the pain she was in...thank goodness it was not for long!

With me, I have been suffering from depression for some time now....at least the last two and half years or so! I finally realized I am not going to get better on my own and need some intervention......went to see my doc and she has prescribed for me Wellbutrin.....lowest dosage to see if that can help....I am also starting to see a Behavioral Science doc on a regular basis to try and work through my issues! She thinks I have several things going on....caregiver stress syndrome....in taking care of and working with my daughter Brianna who has special needs....language delay...sensory issues....and fine motor skill delays! Also of course I am suffering from depression and she feels that I am full of anxiety with just life and the unknown of the future when it comes to Brianna....which unfortunately consumes me almost everyday....I am letting this take me over and don't know how to stop it...hopefully the doc will be able to help me work my way through the fog!

On a positive note....I joined a gym this week.....unfortunately just as I did that Aunt Flo decided to visit....so I will be starting next week...and they offer a Yoga class on Sunday mornings that I will be attending....I think the breathing relaxation exercises and meditation will do my body and mind good....if only I could conquer this sleep problem...getting to sleep is fine.....it's staying asleep that is the problem, hopefully the gym stuff will help!

So I will do my best to get caught up with what's going on in everyone else's world and sorry for rambling on here......but I do think along with everything else this blog will also help my sanity!!!

6 comments:

Sheila said...

As someone with OCD, I have found that beavioral therapy and techniques can go a long way in helping to overcome trying times. I have often considered medication to alleviate those times when things seem to get out of hand and they are often the same meds given for depression.

Definitely give the yoga a try. I seriously use the breathing techniques and I have also found that yoga exercises help me to feel more energized and relaxed. :)

~ A Moxie Mom said...

I just wanted to drop by and say hello. You popped into my mind tonight while I was praying and I felt a strong urge to check in on you. This may sound totally off the wall and if it does I'm sorry... This is due to that "urge"... But I felt the urge to tell you that you are loved, that you are already forgiven so you need to relax and not be so hard on yourself and that He wants you to be able to see yourself through His eyes. You were created beautifully and perfectly. ( ok, I feel silly... I'm not good at passing along "urged" information, especially to people that I don't really know. If this doesn't pertain to you please disregard it. I definitely don't want this to offend).

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

Yoga is great for helping the body relax. The breathing excercies also help & are very effective.

Jenn said...

I really hope your feeling better. Life can be a drag sometimes, I know!
I miss taling with you....and am hoping that your will give me lots of goodies to read about :)

T ™ said...

Hey missy!!! i just found you on here :)

Haven't been on CP much lately but i'll be coming back to keep in touch from time to time.

hope ur doing good

Cheryl said...

Hey girly! Just wanted to give you a heads-up...we're having a Summer Sports Giveaway over at our 3SBL blog beginning tomorrow, June 1 through Friday, June 5th...make sure you check it out! xoxo