Monday, January 19, 2009

Don't Ya Just Love Teens!!

Okay.....now I don't ask too much of my teenage daughter......she has to do the dishes, clean up her room, vaccuum once in awhile.....but when you ask them to do something....isn't it normal to expect things to be at least somewhat clean looking.

She does the dishes today.......I just went to put the dishes away now that they are dry....and I am looking at glasses with food dried on them....knives with dried peanut butter still on them....spoons with I don't know what on them!

This is an almost every time she does dishes occurrence.......I have pointed this out to her at least a dozen times......now I just go make her re-do the dishes.....then I get this look like I'm just totally ridiculous that she has to do them over......and I just love the attitude that comes along with the look!!

I think girls are way worse than boys.....my son does them and I never have to ask him to re-do them.....they are pretty darn clean.....now am I wrong or shouldn't it be the other way around....LOL!

I guess if you want something done right you have to do it yourself......Oh and don't even get me started on her room....sometimes I open the door to go put something away of hers that she left out for the dozenth time.....and I could swear there is this odd odor emanating from her room.....I have searched and cannot find the source for the smell......guess it's just one of those mysteries that never get solved.

For anyone of you out there that have teens I am sure you know exactly what I'm talking about....for those of you who don't have any old enough yet.....it's a whole new world of child rearing that you wouldn't even imagine.....I wish there was some sort of class that we could take to prepare! It's seems to always be something or another and everything is so gosh darn dramatic!!

Thanks for listening to my rantings!


0 comments: